Clockworkjoker’s Terms of Service
- The Artist reserves the right to reject critique and redline pertaining to artistic skill or style preference (i.e. anatomy, coloring style, etc.) if said critique reduces the artistic quality of the piece.
- Full payment must be made before work on the commission can be started. Once payment is sent, commissioner will receive invoice within 24 hrs.
- I (the artist) have the right to use/sell the finished commissions as part of my portfolio/artbook/website/social media/individual prints. The commissioner still owns the copyright to the characters and will be mentioned as the owner of the characters. In other words, anything I am commissioned to create I can sell!
- I may recycle any and all sketches that were rejected by the Commissioner for other commissions or personal works.
- Refunds are available at the start of the sketch phase of the commission. If the commissioner decides to refund past the sketch phase (during color and or linework) I will keep half of the payment for half of the work done. I will also offer 75% of the payment if I past the deadline already agreed upon. The latter only applies if I am not fast enough to complete the commission. Emergencies, accidents, and extra requests made by the commissioner do not apply.
- Understand that commissions take me about 2-3 weeks to complete because I work a full time job. During this time you will receive numerous updates on the work in progress.
- You only get to revise during the sketch phase (Sketches may come roughly colored). Quick revisions like color changes in the final work may be made but any other additional revisions will be charged.
- If you want me to design your character then have references at the ready, please do not give me an essay description of your character. Something short and concise will work fine, and if I have any questions, I will ask.
- Any sort of abuse from the client will not be tolerated. The client will receive one warning. If client continues abuse, I will simply cancel the work and refund half payment only.
- I will not copy another artist’s styles. If you are commissioning me, you are asking for my style. I will REFUSE your commission if you want me to copy.
Commissioning me means you agree to the terms mentioned above.